Discovering Who I Am



In my never-ending quest to find peace it’s most recently come to my attention that I am an Emotionalist/Spiritualist.

The definition of an Emotionalist is One whose conduct, thought or rhetoric is governed by emotion rather than reason. 

A Spiritualist is a person who believes that the spirits of the dead can communicate with living people.

I am a strong business woman, who is self-taught in all the things that I have used to rise up in the work world.  To hear I am an emotionalist knocks me down a notch in my own self esteem.  I don’t want to know that what I’m feeling is ruling my behavior over reason or fact.  But by accepting this rational I am acknowledging who I really am. 

My emotions drive my impulse to act or re-act too quickly, getting myself into bad situations at times.  Maybe letting my instinct rule my behavior has made it harder for me to let go of my grief.  I constantly look for ways to empower myself to understand my mourning.  I think that the more I can learn, the faster I can control it.  Except that it constantly changes, like a living amoeba inside my brain. As I continue to study every aspect of what I constantly feel, I realize there is so much more I don’t know and since everyone’s journey is completely individual, there are no answers to my pain.

Yes, I am a Spiritualist.  I have tried to explain this in my book “Embracing Life from Death” why I believe in life after death.  I likened it to understanding when you’re in love, or that flash of knowing who is calling on the phone before you answer.  The signs continue from beyond, from my husband and daughter to give me comfort, guidance and peace.  Without the proof of spirit life, I don’t know where my mental health would be today.


These admitted personality traits make up who I am.  Whether I like them or not, they are part of me and knowing who I am helps me on my continued journey of self-discovery.  Have you ever asked yourself, “Who Am I?”.  You may just surprise yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Loneliness

Its Hard to Fucking Care

The Musings of a Dating Midlife Widow