Farewell to Tia



To my Beautiful Daughter Tia,

The day you were born, you taught me how to love more deeply than I ever imagined.  You were the first, in my life, to teach me unconditional love.  I struggled as a young mother, to handle the food allergies, ear infections and childhood flus you unwittingly brought into my life.  But through it all, together, our love continued to grow deeper, intertwining our lives forever. 
As you blossomed into a beautiful young woman, you always did things your way.  You were independent, fierce, passionate and sweet. I was always so proud of you. You were never just my daughter, child or little baby, you were my best friend.  And as you became an adult, I could lean on you as much as you leaned on me in good times and bad.  Thank you for always being there for me.
I always felt that our spirits were entwined.  We shared a love for the same music, clothes, foods and laughter.  You could light up a room wherever you went, your humor infectious, always making everyone laugh.  Your beauty stunned all that were around you, the light shining from the inside out. 
As I watched you bring each of your babies into this world and become a patient and loving mother, I was in awe of your strength.  You lived life on your terms, fulfilling your dream to be a wonderful, devoted and giving mother of five more individual creative souls.
The hole in my heart, now that you are gone, brings indescribable pain, and I wake up crying every morning, missing your presence that brought joy to a part of my life that no one else can fill.  I have lost a piece of my soul, of myself, since you left.  I miss you every minute of every day.  The essence of you is forever gone and I struggle to reconcile your absence.
The gift you have given and left behind in the form of five loving, sweet, funny and creative children is your legacy to our family.  They will grow up and change the world and we are all forever grateful that we have them to love, knowing that a piece of you lives in each and every one of them.
So for now, my sweet precious baby girl, I want to say I Love You, I will always love you, and even though your physical self had to leave for now, I look forward to that one day soon, when I will see you again in heaven, where I can once again hug you, be with you and soak up the divine light that shines so brightly around you.



 Love
Mom

Comments

  1. As I read this my heart shattered into what felt a hundred million pieces.
    I know I miss her and think of her constantly, but begin to understand the loss you as her mother face with every breath you take. Every single word to Tia in this letter referring to her presence, what she brought into everyones lives is SO INCREDIBLY deep and true. These five children are each just as incredible as their mother. I can not remember a time being around Tia and not seeing her light! What an awesome child of God.
    I love her and miss her terribly. She had a way of making each one of us feel like we were special in her life. That we made her life full, when in reality she made each of ours full. Full of Great Love, hers & Gods, full of soul, genuine beauty. God is with you and I know you will hold her again. 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love and Loneliness

Its Hard to Fucking Care

The Musings of a Dating Midlife Widow